Topics

Radio Licence

Dennisslade@...

Hi, Thank you for allowing me to join his group and hope you are all keeping safe and well, it’s been a long time since I was a member of the club and achieve my radio licence with the help of your excellent tuition.

Have just looked up my licence and cannot believe it was so long ago that I got it, so would like to know if I need to notify Ofcom and update my records.

Thank you,

D Slade ( 2E0DSB)

Dennis,

Nice to hear from you, hope you're keeping well in the current situation

As set out in the terms of your licence you MUST revalidate your licence via the OfCom on-line portal at least every 5 years.

There used to be a "VALIDATE LICENCE" button but in the re-vamped portal this function has been dropped I noticed when I last validated mine.  I got in touch with OfCom to ask them what the process was now that the portal has been re-vamped and they very kindly Validated both my licence and the Clubs licence for me.  However they did tell what the process is now, which is as follows:

To revalidate your licence in the future, you will need to log into the online portal and select ‘Manage personal details’. Here you will need to select ‘Edit’, check that all of the contact details are correct, then select ‘confirm’ or ‘update’. This will revalidate your account for a further 5 years.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact the Spectrum Licensing Team on 020 7981 3131 or via email at spectrum.licensing<AT>ofcom.org.uk, replacing the <AT> with @

Reagrds

Andy G7KNA
--